Working at Girton Grammar School
Girton Grammar School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to be the Employer of Choice in Central Victoria and beyond for people wishing to work in a School environment.
Girton is an Independent School with a fine reputation for fostering academic success and providing outstanding pastoral care. The recruitment and development of excellent staff is critical to the School’s ongoing success.
The demonstration of pride and professionalism is both expected and highly valued in all staff members regardless of their role in the School. The shared goal is to provide the best possible education and learning environment for the children who pass through the School. Every staff member plays a role in the development of the departing Girtonian. This is our contribution to the future. We take it seriously.
Teaching staff are encouraged and supported in their own learning and are asked to be reflective of their craft. High expectations are placed on staff to teach with passion, care, professionalism and intellectual rigour. Age is irrelevant. The ability to teach, lead and inspire is paramount.
Employment at Girton Grammar School is subject to the following requirements:
- Successful applicants will be expected to support the ethos of the School
- Applicants for teaching positions must hold current registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching
- Non-teaching staff, including music tutors, must be prepared to undergo a Working with Children Check
- Teaching Staff are expected to assist in the provision of co-curricular activities in performing arts, sports or other activities
- All staff must have and maintain a commitment to child safety
Please take time to browse this website. It will provide you with an idea of the scope of the School’s operation and its Mission and Values.
Current Positions Vacant