12th December, 2019
Students at Girton Grammar School in Bendigo came together to celebrate the end of their school journey and their VCE results, with 20% of its Year 12 VCE students ranking in the top 10% of the State.
Acting Head of Girton Grammar School, Dr Emma O’Rielly, said that both teachers and students had worked hard to achieve their results.
“The students have supported one another, and our teachers have been there for the students every step of the way.
“We believe that learning involves working in partnership with parents and nurturing the growth and development of the whole person, so our parents are also to be acknowledged in these results,” Dr O’Rielly said.
Other VCE highlights for Girton Grammar are as follows:
- 5 students achieved ATARs above 98, placing them in the top 2% of the State
(Satya Jhaveri – ATAR Dux, Jordan Rogers, Evelyn Crawford (Year 12 School Dux), Abbey Saxon, Chaelim Ko)
- 2% of Girton’s students finished in the top 1% of the State
- 9% of Girton’s students finished in the top 5% of the State
- 20% of Girton’s students finished in the top 10% of the State
- Jordan Rogers achieved a perfect score of 50 in Further Mathematics and Environmental Science
“I am immensely proud that the school’s positive culture of learning is evident in this year’s graduating cohort and I hope our students have acquired a lifelong love of learning,” Dr O’Rielly said.
“Beyond these strong VCE results I know there are well-rounded young adults who will contribute to the world around them because their time at Girton has been much broader and deeper than the classroom alone,” she said.
Pictured: Left to right: Jordan Rogers, Abbey Saxon, Dr Emma O’Rielly (Acting Head), Evelyn Crawford, Satya Jhaveri