Life before Girton
- Bachelor of Science (Aquatic Science)
- Diploma of Applied Science (Protected Area Management)
- Graduate Diploma of Education
- Currently Studying Masters of Education (Leadership and Management)
- I began teaching in 2002 at Mentone Grammar (teaching VCE Biology, VCE Chemistry and junior Science)
- 2005 I spent at Melbourne Grammar (teaching junior Science)
- 2006-2014 I was at Haileybury (teaching VCE Biology and VCE Chemistry)
- 2015-2017 I was at Victory Christian College (teaching VCE Biology, VCE Chemistry and junior Science, and was the Head of Department)
- 2018 was at Ivanhoe Grammar (teaching VCE Chemistry)
What I Love about Teaching
Two things I love most about teaching are getting to know students and seeing students achieve their goals for VCE and gain their ideal university placements.
The best thing about teaching at Girton is the fantastic staff and great students who all enjoy excellent facilities. It is very satisfying to deliver excellent curriculum in a regional setting
What do you like best about the subject/s you teach?
Chemistry is the best subject ever!! Students learn so much about the world around them, how and why things work in the real world on a molecular level. Chemistry is interesting and applicable in everyday life. As we look towards conserving energy and more efficient ways of producing and using energy, VCE Chemistry delves into how we can look to the future and new innovations.
My favourite classroom activity
Practical lessons where students are doing experiments are the most enjoyable for students. When we complete experiments, they cement how theory applies in reality. Seeing and doing experiments is a fun way to learn.
What difference can good teaching make?
A successful student of chemistry is curious and dedicated to finding out how and why the world works. Questioning the world around them and seeking answers. Dedication is required to apply themselves to the fullest, to continue to try and give their best.
My Girton Co-curricular is Science Club and outside of school, I enjoy Crossfit and Calisthenics. I regularly compete with Calisthenics and recently participated in the 2018 Pan Pacific Master Games.