- Performing Arts Teacher Macedon Primary School 2020
- Performing Arts/ Physical Education Teacher Marong Primary School 2017-2019
- Performing Arts Teacher St Anne’s Catholic Primary School 2015-2016
- MARC Van Teacher Timor Primary School 2011-2012
- Drama Teacher George McMahon Performing Arts Academy, Dublin 2010
- Physical Education Teacher Hedland Senior High School 2008 – Dec 2009
- Casual Relief Teaching Brisbane Boys College 2008
- Drama Teacher Darwin High School 2007
2007 Graduate Diploma in Teaching and Learning, Charles Darwin University
- Major – Drama
- Minor – Physical Education
2006 Bachelor of Arts Performance Studies, Victoria University
What I Love about Teaching:
Fortunately, I have had the opportunity to interact and communicate with a diverse range of students, teachers, families and individuals in the wider community. The schools I have taught in have significant cultural variations with students from all around the world and I love getting to know them.
What is the best thing about teaching at Girton?
I love the people I work with. The staff at Girton make it an enjoyable place to teach. I cannot forget the students of course. Being able to teach multiple year levels gives me the opportunity to interact and get to know a large amount of the student body.
What do you like best about the year level you teach?
Teaching in a specialist role enables me to teach a range of year levels. There is no particular year level I prefer to teach, as I find there are positives to be found in every cohort. From simple play making and creating puppets shows with juniors, to working on script writing with the older students, I enjoy it all.
My favourite classroom activity
Playing improvisation games with students would have to be my all-time favourite Drama classroom activity. Being able to firsthand watch the skills they have learned be put into practice in front of your eyes is something special.
What difference can good teaching make?
Creating a safe and nurturing environment in Drama, forms a solid foundation for productive learning to take place. This enables all students to achieve their full potential, become less inhibited and learn to express themselves in a positive way.
I love socialising and spending time with my family and friends. I have recently taking up running (much to my despair) and have just participated in my first 10km fun run…. Watch this space!