Current Positions Available
Girton Grammar School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to be the employer of choice in Central Victoria and beyond for people wishing to work in a School environment.
Girton is an Independent School with a fine reputation for fostering academic success and providing outstanding pastoral care. The recruitment and development of excellent staff is critical to the School’s ongoing success.
The demonstration of pride and professionalism is both expected and highly valued in all staff members regardless of their role in the School. The shared goal is to provide the best possible education and learning environment for the children who pass through the School. Every staff member plays a role in the development of the departing Girtonian. This is our contribution to the future.
Girton Grammar School values the development in each student of the skills which underpin intellectual growth. Inherent is a deep respect for the various academic disciplines, which provide the analytical tools through which to describe, interrogate, understand and expand a student’s view of the world.
Creativity, curiosity, collaboration and communication are key elements contributing to intellectual growth and future achievements. Discernment and critical awareness are vital in a world where information is prolific but needs to be tested.
Within this context students will acquire the habits of mind necessary to support their academic growth and success.
Who we employ
Girton Grammar School employs people who are passionate about shaping the future of young people. Our staff are motivated by the School’s sense of community and inclusivity, along with our mission of striving for excellence in all pursuits. We look for people who value a high level of performance, a customer focus, and are ready to make their unique mark on the School and the students within it.
Personal characteristics / competencies
Girton Grammar School employs exemplary adult role models who uphold the School’s values and possess the following personal characteristics and competencies:
- Strong and diplomatic interpersonal skills, exercising discretion and respect for peers and students at all times.
- Maintain goodwill and dialogue to achieve School outcomes.
- Approachable, balanced disposition to carrying out the responsibilities of the role, maintaining a sense of perspective.
- Reach sound conclusions based on available information, evidence and reasoned assumptions.
- Recognise and respond appropriately to the needs and feelings of others. (Refer to the School Imagine Charter)
- Proactive approach to achieving outcomes.
- Receptive to new ideas and new ways of working.
- Use appropriate methods, skills and styles to allow others to understand and adopt ideas or concepts.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills, with a solution-focused and growth mindset.
- Strong commitment to delivering excellent customer service when interacting with colleagues, students, parents/guardians and the wider community
- Effective listening skills.
- Effective organisational, administrative and time management skills.
Teamwork and flexibility
- Ability to build authentic, collaborate and productive relationships throughout the School.
- Willingness to change responses, techniques or approaches to situations or problems for the purpose of achieving School and team goals and objectives.
At Girton Grammar School, the wellbeing of students comes first, before teaching even begins. Through the explicit teaching of Emotional Intelligence, all members of the school community understand that emotions impact on learning, decision making, creativity, relationships, and health.
Girton Grammar School’s Statement of Pastoral Care outlines the role teachers are expected to play in the care and nurturing of each student. All staff members are expected to be familiar with the School’s Statement of Effective Pastoral Care.
All staff must have and maintain a commitment to child safety, in accordance with the School’s Child Safety Code of Conduct.
Girton Grammar School staff are expected to be role models for lifelong learning.
Staff are encouraged and supported in their own learning and are asked to be reflective of their craft. High expectations are placed on staff to teach with passion, care, professionalism and intellectual rigour. Age is irrelevant. The ability to teach, lead and inspire is paramount.
Girton teachers are required to:
- Actively participate in professional learning activities in order to keep up to date professionally
- Support school-wide professional learning through the sharing of professional knowledge and practices with colleagues
- Participate in a cyclical appraisal process to improve knowledge and practice
Please take time to browse this website. It will provide you with an idea of the scope of the School’s operation and its Mission and Values.
General Expressions of Interest
To apply for an advertised classroom teacher position please send your CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com.
If we do not currently have a specific role that suits you but you would love to work at Girton Grammar School, please send a cover letter and CV by email.