12th December, 2016
GIRTON STUDENTS EXCEL
Girton Grammar School students in Bendigo have achieved outstanding VCE results with a median ATAR score of 83 and 26% of its Year 12 VCE students ranking in the top 10% of the State.
The 2016 Dux of the School, Sebastian Hawke, achieved a perfect ATAR of 99.95. He was closely followed by three other students who also achieved ATARs above 99. These were Alexandra Liacos and Andrew Kallasmae on 99.55 and Kyle Jacobsen on 99.3.
Headmaster of Girton Grammar School, Matthew Maruff, said that the students’ VCE results are excellent and commensurate with VCE results over recent years.
“Both our teachers and students have worked hard to achieve these results and they deserve to be proud of themselves.
“The students have supported one another and our teachers have been there for the students every step of the way.
“We believe that learning involves working in partnership with parents and nurturing the growth and development of the whole person, so our parents must be acknowledged in these great results,” he said.
Other VCE highlights for Girton Grammar are as follows:
- 4% of Girton’s students finished in the top 1% of the State
- 15% of Girton’s students finished in the top 5% of the State
- 26% of Girton’s students finished in the top 10% of the State
- 62% of Girton’s students finished in the top 20% of the State
- 5 perfect study scores of 50 were achieved in the following subjects: Mathematical Methods, Further Mathematics, History: Revolutions, Chemistry and English Language.
“I am immensely proud that the desire to learn is so evident in this year’s VCE results and I hope our students continue to have a lifelong love of learning,” Mr Maruff said.
“Beyond these excellent results I know these are well-rounded young adults who will contribute to the world around them because their time at Girton has been much broader and deeper than just the classroom,” he said.