Life before Girton
- 2010 – 2014 Crusoe Secondary College
- 2003 – 2010 Drayton Manor High School – LONDON
- 2003 – 2010 Seasonal Ski Guide – France, Switzerland and Austria
- 2000 – 2003 University of Ballarat
- 1997 – 2000 – Bachelor of Education (Physical Education)
What I Love about Teaching
- There is never a dull moment and no day is the same
- Building positive relationships with staff and students
- Mentoring and guiding students to follow their dreams and achieve their goals
- I enjoy the respectful community atmosphere of the school
What do you like best about the subject/s you teach?
- I enjoy teaching Numeracy to both JS and SS students.
- Numeracy allows students to become more confident in their own abilities within mathematics and helps them become better problem solvers in general
What difference can good teaching make?
In Numeracy it is important to provide a safe and encouraging learning environment where positive relationships are made. These relationships are maintained by knowing each student as an individual and as a learner. Having a little fun doesn’t hurt either!
It is important to celebrate success within Numeracy and to build on students’ strengths.
Breaking down the numerical barriers that students have built over the years takes time, once this is achieved a new passion for numbers can and does begin for many.
- LRC – Numeracy – Junior and Senior School
- Head of Transition
- Co-curricular activity 2014 – Energy Breakthrough
- Co-curricular activity 2015 – Hockey
What are your passions or hobbies outside of work?
- Spending valuable time with family and friends